A senior level professional surveyor to oversee and manage a variety of tasks within our surveying department.
Consistent with the objective of Terrane as a leader in surveying services, the Project Surveyor must be an experienced Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment. The ability to delegate tasks as needed and to communicate in a professional manner is an absolute must. Must possess a desire to mentor and develop other survey personnel and collaborate with peers.
- Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
- FLSA Status: Non-exempt
- Location: WA
- Date: 6/2022
Our work environment provides a result driven, collaborative space, with open & transparent communication, and a culture of celebrating everyone’s wins. Our mid-size private business model provides the ability to have dynamic involvement at all levels of our organization. We’re also proud to say we offer an excellent Total Compensation Package & a few other unique perks to our industry!
At Terrane we embrace diversity & welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, creed, religion, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- Ultimately responsible for fulfilling the scope of work, maintaining project schedule, and achieving accuracy of the completed survey.
- Interpret record documents for boundary resolution.
- Mentor and teach Survey Technicians, so they may develop their knowledge and skill.
- Work closely with survey crew members and provide them with clear instructions and direction.
- Work closely with drafters - provide them with clear instructions/direction and review drawings.
- Work with Project Coordinators and Account Managers to meet schedule deadlines and understand project scope.
- Effectively communicate with internal staff to gather all required information.
- Maintain professional license and required continuing education.
- Follow company procedures and guidelines - provide feedback for change or adjustment.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Professional Licensed Surveyor, in Washington State.
- 5+ years of experience specifically in Land Surveying, computing boundaries.
- Strong professional communication skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management.
- Working knowledge of Carlson Survey (CAD), and standard surveying procedures and processes.
We are Always Looking
Can you see yourself here?