Survey Technician - Land Use
An experienced survey professional who excels in a fast-paced work environment focusing on and specializing in land use projects.
An experienced survey professional, with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment focusing on and specializing in land use projects. Must possess an ability to collaborate well with other team members. This role works under the direction and supervision of a Project Surveyor (PLS) and provides the opportunity for professional growth. The end goal of this individual should be to obtain their LIST and eventually their PLS.
- Reports to: Director of Surveying
- FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
- Location: Bellevue, WA
Our work environment provides a result driven, collaborative space, with open & transparent communication, & a culture of celebrating everyone’s wins. Our mid-size private business model provides the ability to have dynamic involvement at all levels of our organization. We’re also proud to say we offer an excellent Total Compensation Package & a few other unique perks to our industry!
At Terrane we embrace diversity & welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, creed, religion, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
• Interpret record documents and accurately represent them in a CAD environment
• Work with and support survey crew members as needed
• Ability to prepare land use drawings (using company templates) and/or review drawings produced by others
• Process and edit line work, prepare lot layout calculations, easements, and surface models
• Drafting of exhibits and the preparation of legal descriptions
• Develop and maintain a general understanding of development & zoning codes with a demonstrated ability to analyze technical documents and information, identify concerns/issues, draw conclusions, and make recommendations
• Strong ability to navigate agency requirements, checklists, and applications quickly and accurately
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements, enforcing adherence to requirements
Other duties may be assigned.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- 1+ years of experience specifically in Land Surveying, field experience qualifies.
- Strong professional communication skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management.
- Working knowledge of standard surveying procedures and processes.
- Proficiency with Carlson Survey (CAD).
We are Always Looking
Can you see yourself here?