How it Works.
A topographic survey can be essential, and often required, for permitting and design efforts. For projects that involve new construction, renovations/additions, site improvements, or major landscaping, an accurate basemap to show current site conditions relative to the boundary lines is vital. A comprehensive boundary and topographic survey can be the most important aspect to start the design of a new project.
Terrane’s standard scope of services for architectural topographic surveys include:
- Computing parcel for boundary determination, plotting bearings and dimensions
- Establishing survey control to site and performing a full boundary survey staking all lot corners
- Locating lines of occupation, fences, and plotting encroachments, if any.
- Mapping all site features and topographic information (typically two-foot contours) that contain:
- spot elevations (to create a triangular irregular networks (TIN surface)
- all structures with finish floor and peak elevations, eaves, and deck
- walls, rockeries, stairs
- improvements and surfaces
- significant trees (6” diameter or greater) & approximate drip-lines streets/frontages
- overhead power, and visible utilities & inverts
- Preparing a drawing showing the above (24″ x 36″ PDF & zipped AutoCAD file).
We can tailor proposals to fit project-specific needs and scope criteria and requirements as defined by an architect, engineer, design team, etc. Our full color surveys feature an expanded use of line weights and hatching to create drawings that are easy to read, differentiating site features, surfaces (individual hatchings for gravel, pavement, concrete, etc.), improvements, and utilities. All project specifics are detailed in one concise location with revision history clearly shown.